Nicole and Tom celebrated their wedding day at the Garland, a stunning venue in Hollywood. The two chose to add onto the venues natural beauty and fill the center of the tables from the reception with floral arrangements and votives. One of our favorite details from this day were the disposable cameras placed on each table, inviting guests to document their fun while saving those memories for the bride and groom. The happiness between these two radiated throughout the day and we wish them all the best!
When planning your wedding, there are many things to consider that include everything from shopping for the dream dress to executing the wedding shenanigans. That and so much more can begin to overwhelm many couples and even cloud the importance of the big day. To help eliminate those worries, we have complied some ideas that will help you and your partner hold that same dreamy day you both envisioned while saving money and staying in the moment!
Photo by Whimsie Photographie
Wedding Planning Tips:
1. Opt for heavy tray-passed appetizers instead of a full seated dinner for a meet-and-mingle, cocktail party-style reception.
2. Find a venue/space that is so naturally beautiful or already has a lot of character to cut down on the amount of flowers and decor you may need.
3. Double the photo booth photos as the party favors for guests.
4. Opt for a beer and wine-only bar instead of a full premium bar.
5. Find a used wedding dress online (it's probably only been worn once!).
6. Have a friend or family member get ordained online and be your officiant (and hope they don't charge you a fee for performing your ceremony!).
7. Use Uber/Lyft for day-of transportation.
8. Get a small one or two-tier cake for the cake cutting ceremony, and have the rest of the cake in sheets in the kitchen ready to be cut and served. Or opt for mini desserts instead of cake.
9. Use an email invitation service like Paperless Post for your save-the-dates.
10. Stay at an Air BnB instead of a hotel the night of the wedding.
11. Hire a wedding planner to guide you through the process, help you make good decisions with your money, and get you discounts with vendors! ;)